After School Kids Classes
Encourage Your Child’s Natural Creativity!
Our After School Classes are designed to offer kids an artistic and educational experience in a warm & friendly environment! Clay is a wonderful way for a child to express themselves through form & function in a medium that is both tactile & 3-dimensional!
BOOK ONE OR BOOK A SERIES!!!
SELECT FROM THE DATES BELOW &
SCHEDULE ONLINE NOW!!!
If you have a Living Social or Groupon voucher and would like to register for a class, please click the button below that says “Redeem” to Book a pre-purchased deal.
If you do not have a Living Social or Groupon voucher and would like to register for a class, please click the button below that says ”Book” for an Intro to Wheel-Thrown Ceramics and pay a 50% deposit.
Children will learn all the basics and traditions of ceramics that have been around for over 20,000 years. We will begin with all the standard techniques such as pinch-pots, coil construction and slab construction while simultaneously creating fun and functional projects such as piggy banks, elephant goblets, rain-sticks and eventually even graduating to use the pottery wheel!!! The three-dimensional aspect of clay challenges children to thing about spatial reasoning, depth and dimension as they attempt to manifest their visions. Clay as a medium has limitations and is prone to cracking, breaking, sagging etc. However, these limitations cause children to think about their visions and form a plan before beginning. Throughout the creation process they are also forced adapt and adjust along the way to work within the confines of the medium.
Girl Scout Ceramics Classes
Earn your ceramics badge at a fun exciting pottery party at
clay pottery studio!
• Visit “clay” specialty store and pottery studio in Downtown Long Beach for a fun two-hour event where your troop can learn about the history of clay and its impact on our everyday life.
• We’ll briefly discuss folk pottery from around the world and examine the differences in style and techniques from various continents.
• We’ll learn to make pinch pots and coil pots!
• We’ll also learn how to attach things with the “slip and score” techniques and turn our pinch pots into fun piggy banks!
• We will learn how to wedge clay, recycle clay and store our works in progress properly.
• And we will even get to see how our work is fired when we light up our 16 cubic foot Gas Kiln!!!
For an additional fee (and time) we can also glaze bisque-ware or tiles and we can even try “throwing” clay on a pottery wheel!
We can also custom tailor our events to fit your troop’s needs as well.
Call for pricing and to schedule your event today!
Great for Birthday Parties, Girl Scout Troops, Family Gatherings, Corporate Team-building Events, Bachelorette Parties,
Meet & Greet Socials, Networking Events and More!
Wheel, Handbuilding or Special Projects
From 4 to 40 People
All Equipment and Supplies Provided
Days, Evenings or Weekends
Fun and Relaxed Atmosphere
Surround-sound Stereo System
Snacks and Beverages (on request)
clay will tailor the event to suit your individual needs
Please Call for Rates!